Currently recruiting a Head of Laboratory responsible for leading all sections at the SGHUMC laboratory in accordance with the Joint Commission Accreditation, ensuring consistent compliance of quality, safety and environmental standards.
The incumbent will be required to assist in the preparation of the department budget and planning of resources to ensure highest standards of patient care is provided at all time.
The successful candidate will need to be results driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop, implement and validate analytical methods that are in line with patient care. Lead non-conformance investigation and provide action to mitigate quality problems as well as prevent reoccurrence.
- Lead project and process improvement initiatives within the laboratory, ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are in place, up-to-date and followed by all stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence with Quality, Safety, Environmental and Health local and international standards in area of responsibility.
- Ensure master data and quality operational information are kept up-to-date including inventory status
- Plan and coordinate execution of maintenance program for laboratory lab systems/equipment's
- Ensure laboratory supplies are available and handled according to Quality guidelines
- Manage the laboratory monthly expenses ensuring alignment with set monthly budget.
- Interact with other department in order to reduce QC effort, lab work-load and production cycle time
- Support investigation and troubleshooting on equipment/process/product problems
- Perform internal audits in order to ensure process control and support new product introduction on quality aspects
- Strive for implement latest and most efficient technology to support high performance operation acrossthe site
- Lead the laboratory team ensuring the resources are aligned with Laboratory operations requirement.
- MD /PHD of specialty in laboratory medicine required or science related field with a License permit to practice in Lebanon
- A minimum of 10 years experience in clinical/analytical laboratory including 5 years in administrative capacity
- 5 years in a leadership role
- Experience in LIS/ EMR systems
- Proficient with MSOffice (Word / Excel)