COMMUNITY HEALTH CLINIC
The health sector in Lebanon is in deep crisis. Medical coverage has become a commodity that only a small privileged percentage of the Lebanese society can attain; a luxury at times where health should be a basic right.
The Endoscopy Unit at Saint George Hospital - University Medical Center offers patients a wide range of diagnosis and therapies through Endoscopy.
Endoscopy is the examination of the internal body cavities using a specialized medical instrument called an Endoscope. It is a technique that enables physicians to explore the internal organs: digestive, urinary, respiratory, etc…
Endoscopy is performed using Fiber Optic tubes with two components:
• Fibers with cold light to illuminate the dark inside of hollow organs
• Fibers to catch images and send them to an attached computer system for analysis and final processing
Procedures performed at the Endoscopy Unit at Saint George Hospital - University Medical Center are:
• Esophago Gastroduodenoscopy - Diagnostic & Therapeutic
• Colonoscopy - Diagnostic & Therapeutic
• ERCP – Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography
• Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy
• Endoscopic Ultrasound – Diagnostic and Interventional
• Manometry: Esophageal, Anorectal
• PH Metry for Reflux Disease – Impedance Metry
• Cystoscopy – Diagnostic & Therapeutic
• Bronchoscopy – Diagnostic & Therapeutic
For more information, please call the Endoscopy Unit at Saint George Hospital - University Medical Center at +961 1 441595.