COMMUNITY HEALTH CLINIC
The health sector in Lebanon is in deep crisis. Medical coverage has become a commodity that only a small privileged percentage of the Lebanese society can attain; a luxury at times where health should be a basic right.
The Clinical Nutrition Department aims to deliver evidence-based nutritional therapy to all patients at risk resulting in better quality of care, train future dietitians to be the leaders in the field and contribute to world clinical nutrition research.
Our six specialized clinical dietitians provide activities at different ranges:
1. Inpatient nutrition care: We deliver thorough nutrition care from assessment to monitoring to the patients on all different wards. Specialties are:
a. Child and maternal health
b. Palliative care and oncology
c. Surgery and gastrointestinal disorders
d. Cardiac disorders
e. Diabetic education and renal disorders
f. Specialized nutrition support and critical care
2. Dietetic internship: Competent graduate nutrition students from different universities are enrolled in our 9 month dietetic internship that follows the didactic requirements of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and covers clinical, foodservice and community rotations.
3. Clinical research: We conduct in collaboration with different medical departments and other external research units clinical nutrition research covering the emerging topics and contributing to the scientific publication. Our clinical dieticians participate in multiple national and international conferences to present the data.
4. Nutrition education: Our department has a substantial commitment to educating its dietitians by organizing weekly roundtable discussions, webinars and journal clubs in addition to its commitment towards other health professionals by participating in multidisciplinary education sessions.
5. Outpatient care: We are also available for an individualized assessment on all therapeutic conditions in the private clinic, the dialysis unit, the community health clinic and the wound clinic.
6. Community awareness: We organize and design nutrition-related education sessions for different community settings including the long-term care center.