ON THE DAY OF YOUR SURGERY
Upon your Arrival to the Hospital
GO DIRECTLY TO THE ADMISSION OFFICE
- Bring with you: the reservation slip (pink color).
- Collect from the admission office your medical file (including the results).
- If the results of your exams are still kept in the hospital make sure that you request them from the admission office before you go to your room.
It is advisable that you leave your valuables and jewelry at home. Pack only your personal belongings during your stay at the hospital.
AFTER YOUR SURGERY
- Due to the side effects of general anesthesia you might feel heavy in your head, dizzy or sleepy. Make sure that you have a companion at your side for 24-48 hours after your surgery.
- It is mandatory that you DO NOT drive or use any machinery necessitating concentration during the 24 hours following your surgery.
- It is mandatory that you stop drinking any alcoholic beverages for a period of 24-48 hours following your surgery.
- It is advisable that you refrain from making any critical decisions or sign any legal documents related to matters of consequence.
- It is preferable that you stay home for a period of time as determined by your physician. Being bed ridden may not be necessary.
Contact your Physician or His/Her Designated Assistant in the Following Cases:
- If your body temperature reaches 38.5 C or above.
- Continuous pain without relief even after taking pain-killers.
- Inability to eat or drink due to nausea and vomiting.
- Inability to urinate.
- Redness, inflammation, hemorrhage or infection of the wound.
- Inability to breath normally.