♦ We should drink at least 8 to 10 cups of water/fluids per day (2-2.5 L).
♦ If more active or on a very hot weather, we should increase our intake to 10-12 cups/d, (2.5–3 L).
♦ When exercising and sweating heavily, we should not forget to drink water before during and after.
Advantages of drinking water in the morning:
- Drinking water on an empty stomach purifies the colon making it easier to absorb nutrients
- Balances the lymph system helping you perform daily activities and fight infection
- Increases production of new blood and muscle cells
- Water helps remove toxins from the blood which keeps your skin glowing and clear
- Boosts your metabolism which helps in weight loss.