With you every step of the way
Saint George Hospital-University Medical Center (SGHUMC) founded the first Orthopedic Surgery Department in Lebanon back in 1954 headed by the freshly graduated late professor Emile Riachi.
Dr. Riachi was the leading early proponent of modern orthopedic practice in the country, and our department flourished under his leadership as the region’s Orthopedic Surgery Reference Center.
Dr. Alexandre Nehme was appointed Chairman of Orthopedic Surgery and Chief Medical Officer in 2017. He decided to launch the Bone & Joint Clinic as a Center of Excellence for treating musculoskeletal diseases including both Orthopedic Surgery & Rheumatology grouped by subspecialty.
The Bone and Joint Clinic is a state-of-the-art center designed to take care of a wide variety of bone, joint, spine and other musculo-skeletal conditions.
Accurate Diagnosis from an Expert Team
Whether you have recurring joint pain, acute injuries or a newly broken bone, our specialists provide comprehensive services every step of the way from non-surgical treatments for chronic joint pain, to advanced, minimally invasive joint replacement or spinal surgery techniques that promote faster recovery and mobility.
Our orthopedic surgeons are highly specialized in revising malfunctioning implants allowing patients to get back to optimal condition in a timely manner.Our rheumatologists are experts in treating musculoskeletal diseases and systemic autoimmune conditions.
Orthopedics and Rheumatology Subspecialties
- - General Orthopedics and Fracture Care
- - Hand Surgery & Upper Extremity
- - Hip Reconstruction & Arthroplasty
- - Knee Reconstruction & Arthroplasty
- - Pediatric Orthopedics
- - Shoulder and Elbow Reconstruction & Arthroplasty
- - Reconstructive Spine Surgery
- - Sports Injury & Arthroscopy
- - Rheumatology Arthritis, Autoimmune Diseases and Osteoporosis
- - Foot and Ankle Care
Procedures & Services
- - Infiltrations
- - Ultra sound guided infiltration
- - Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- - Dressing change
- - Cast management
- - Advanced podiatry services
Top of the Line Facilities
- - State-of-the-art operating rooms
- - Expert team of Anesthesiologists/Pain unit
- - Physiotherapy center with its own rehabilitation pool
- - Advanced medical imaging: MRI, Scan
- - Full laboratory services